Sunday, July 4, 2010

I don't celebrate the 4th of July anymore.

I really can't get into celebrating the 4th of July anymore. I do love the fireworks and the get together but have quit doing them for the most part. When I believe most if not all Americans really believe that this country was about the individual and his rights I was into celebrating the 4th. Over the past 10 or 20 years we have went from what the Founding Fathers wanted to what they were fighting against. I see it simply that many Americans have lost the will to stand on their own two feet and want others to stand for them. I know it is much easier to let others carry the load then to carry it myself. I let or expected others to carry the load for many years of my life and I really don't like where it has left me. I would say for the first 30 or 35 years of my life I expected others to either do what I wouldn't or to carry more if the load then I would.

I think many with in the theist and atheist community have lost track of what this nation was founded for. It wasn't founded so either group could control the views of others but to protect each person so they could live their lives as they saw fit. This is the biggest problem within society right now. Each group seems to think they are the ones that are right and are unwilling to work with each other to make things better for all. We are not here to make things better for just ourselves and those that agree with us. It doesn't matter if you believe in some god or not , we are here to get though life the best that we can. If the only way to make things better for yourself is to make thing worse for others, then you aren't doing the best you can. I heard about a guy who give 1.3 billion to charities but my question is why did he do it after those that are weathly are seen as evil. What charities did he give the money to? Will  they use the money to do more good then to make things better for themselves?

I guess some that might read this blog might be wondering about the picture. What does it have to do with the post? It has nothing at all to do with the post. I have a cat and dog I take care of. I can't really call the cat mine because he is around only when he wants to be. The dog is more a family member then a pet and he is a little goofy at times. My question when it comes to the picture is, why do both of them drink water from the toilet when I put fresh water out every day?